Here Is a Outline of a Few Approaches.
- Visualization – Visualize how you are going to roll your bowling ball in your pre-shot routine, kind of like a video or a mental picture or image
- Relaxation Or Self Hypnosis – This is one of the techniques that I feel is the root of all mental approaches like a basis for the mental game. There are several methods for this available.
- Concentration – Here is a technique I use as a pre-shot warm up. I pick out one of the dots on the approach, then stare or focus on it briefly until I can only concentrate on the dot. When I know that I can fully focus on the dot I know that I can focus on my spot or mark on the bowling lane. At this point I know that my mind is clear, focused, and I can concentrate.
- Subliminal – I use subliminal tapes or cd’s in combination with relaxation or self hypnosis. I have found only a couple of places to get these tapes or cd’s. With subliminal tapes you listen to music to distract you outer mind, while behind the music or in the background are positive suggestions for your inner mind to pick up on. If you can not find these tapes or cd’s that are specifically for bowling use some that are for self confidence.
- Visualization – Concentration = Accuracy
- Relaxation Or Self Hypnosis – Subliminal = Confidence
- Self Hypnosis – Is a basis for mental training and can be used in all aspects of the mental game.